What to Try When a Web App Isn’t Working
2 weeks back in my Practical Ed Tech Newsletter I outlined 6 things to try when a site or web app isnt working as you expected it to. Based on click-through, that was my most popular newsletter of the year!
These are the six things to try:
1. Is it you or is it the website? A simple way to discover out is to check out downforeveryoneorjustme.com then go into the URL of the website youre trying to utilize. If youre familiar with the Windows command terminal you can also attempt pinging the address of the site youre trying to utilize. Heres a short video about both of those things.
2. Is your browser upgraded? This isnt as common as it used to be, but in some circumstances of a website not working appropriately the cause can be traced to using an outdated version of a web browser. If youre using an older version of a web browser, not just will some websites not work correctly, you are likewise opening yourself approximately more possible security threats.
3. Do you have cookies made it possible for? Many sites need cookies in order to use you the best possible experience.
Are you using a pop-up blocker? It is not uncommon for a website to utilize a pop-up window for account log-ins.
5. Have you allowed cam and or microphone gain access to? If youre attempting to use a web-based video or audio editing tool, youll need to ensure your video camera and microphone are available.
6. If none of the steps above have fixed the issue, restarting your computer simply may be the thing that repairs your problem. In truth, you might be stunned how frequently that works. When they answer the phone, its the reason IT help desks ask you to do that.
Two weeks back in my Practical Ed Tech Newsletter I detailed six things to attempt when a website or web app isnt working as you anticipated it to. Based on click-through, that was my most popular newsletter of the year! An easy way to find out is to check out downforeveryoneorjustme.com then enter the URL of the site youre trying to use. If youre familiar with the Windows command terminal you can likewise attempt pinging the address of the website youre trying to use. If youre trying to utilize a web-based video or audio modifying tool, youll require to make sure your camera and microphone are available.